4-5 oz. pieces skin on roasted wild salmon
- 2 fennel, tops removed, sliced, root intact
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Olive oil
Toss the fennel with olive oil, salt, and honey. Roast until caramelized. Set aside to cool.
- 2 stocks of rhubarb, sliced in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Punch of peppercorns
- 1 star anise
- 2 teaspoons of salt
In a saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, peppercorns, sugar, anise, and salt to a boil. Add the rhubarb and remove from the heat. Chill overnight.
- 4 sprigs of rosemary, fried in 2 cups of oil and drained
- 2 cups of diced watermelon
- 2 sprigs of tarragon, stems removed
- 1/2 cup black oil cured olives, chopped
Sear the salmon skin side down, about 3 minutes. Flip and sear the other side about 2 minutes, for medium rare, depending on the thickness.
In a bowl, combine the watermelon, fennel, rhubarb, tarragon. Divide the mixture between 4 different plates. To with the salmon. Drizzle with rosemary oil. If desired, garnish with a petite mixed green salad.
Enjoy with Bergstrom 2015 Cumberland Reserve
Chef Abby McManigle, Executive Chef, Brooks Winery